Racism can take many forms, can happen in many places, and includes prejudice, discrimination or hatred directed at someone because of their color, ethnicity or national origin.
Racism can be revealed through people’s actions as well as their attitudes. It can also be reflected in systems and institutions. But sometimes it may not be revealed at all. Not all racism is obvious.
In an effort to keep you informed about racism and race equality, Identity has compiled the following resources:
- Alaska Black Business Directory
- Diversity & Inclusion Program (Anchorage Chamber)
- Human Rights Commission (Alaska State Commission for Human Rights)
- Housing Discrimination (Fair Housing Project)
- Department of Equity and Compliance (University of Alaska Fairbanks)
- Stand Against Racism Pledge (YWCA)